Senior Java/Kotlin Engineer
We're looking for a self-driven senior engineer to join our growing Kotlin Team.
Here at Attendify we're developing a platform that helps event organizers sell tickets, interact with attendees in a mobile app, receive their feedback and analyze their interests. Our Kotlin team is developing a new product - Attendify Pixel. It tracks website visits and allows organizers segment their audience for online advertising.
We use Reactive and Asynchronous programming (Webflux and Kotlin Coroutines). We also use Spring Boot a lot. Our data processing stack includes Kafka, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3. The list of technologies we use expands fast just like the complexity of our products.
We strongly believe that delivery of an excellent product is a team effort and a personal responsibility of every team member. So each team member is welcomed to impact processes and contribute to the product roadmap. The team will consist of several work streams with a considerable amount of freedom to decide on a preferred technological stack. You'll be responsible for a set of features completely owned by a small team of engineers. You'll be expected to leverage the team’s skills and knowledge, but also to bring in your experience and insight.
What you'll do at Attendify:
- Design and build large-scale Kotlin microservices based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Model and create data pipelines between Attendify and external systems
- Mentor middle engineers, collaborate with peers, share your knowledge
- Develop solid test coverage and take part in establishing standards for different types of tests
- Provide code review for other team members
- Conduct technical research for the new features development
- Contribute to the architecture decisions and product strategy
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams
What we expect from you:
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- Knowledge of Java 8+
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Experience with testing tools like Spring Testing Framework, JUnit, Mockito
- Understanding of JVM internals
- Good knowledge of testing practices and tools
- Understanding of asynchrony, concurrency, and parallelism
- Experience in mentoring or leading a small team of developers
- Not just do things right, but do the right things attitude
Nice to have but not required:
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience with message brokers or event stores (Rabbit, Kafka, ActiveMQ)
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI frameworks
- Solid understanding of build tools and their capabilities (Maven or Gradle)
- Interest in functional programming
- Experience in conducting technical interviews
- Opportunity to impact a product used by millions of people
- Competitive compensation & career growth opportunities
- Education: library, courses, conferences, English classes with a native speaker
- Equipment: Macbook Pro, monitor, and accessories you might need
- Other benefits: lunches, fruits, medical insurance, and parking
- Great office located in central Kyiv
Ready to join an amazing team and work in a fast-paced environment? Send us your resume and we’ll get in touch!