Attendify is the only event technology company that helps event planners build deeper relationships at conferences, trade shows, exhibitions, corporate meetings and other events. Attendify makes it quick and easy to create, manage and update event apps, get real-time feedback and analytics, demonstrate event success and show ROI. Attendify helps companies like Google, Bloomberg, AstraZeneca, Sage, Phillips, Autodesk, and AOL create differentiating mobile experiences for their events.
DevOps Engineers at Attendify fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. We strive for efficiency, stability, and speed. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. As the ideal candidate you’re passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and you also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
* Serve as a primary point who is responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our services.
* Instrument and monitor the health and availability of services, with fault detection, alerting, triage and recovery (automated and manual).
* Performance manage (with benchmarking and monitoring of vital metrics), capacity plan, and resolve performance problems affecting service levels.
* Manage PostgreSQL database, NoSQL systems such as Redis, Riak and our ElasticSearch cluster.
* Manage database backups & recovery procedures, disaster recovery of Kafka data pipelines, logs management and logs aggregation pipelines.
* Write scripts to automate procedures.
* Assist in roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate rapid iteration and constant growth.
* Collaborate with Engineers to create a continuous delivery environment and processes.
* Minimum 2+ years of DevOps experience or similar role focused on reliability, high-availability, performance, scalability, capacity planning, backup and recovery, business continuity planning and automation of everything.
* Strong Amazon AWS experience in a production environment.
* Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration tools, configuration management, systems monitoring and alerting tools.
* Adept at troubleshooting and administering Linux systems (we use Ubuntu), dealing with networking issues, and fine tuning instrumentation and alerting systems.
* Deep understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Development experience in at least one modern scripting language (we use Python).
* Experience operating a high load data pipeline and exposure to technologies such as Kafka, Storm/Spark, S3, and Redshift is a plus.
* Experience managing NoSQL systems such as Redis, Riak, ElasticSearch is a plus.
* Experience securing systems and understand the purpose of reasonable security techniques and the tradeoff with operational efficiency is a plus.
- Thousands of users will face and appreciate your work
- Unique work environment where you can be a part of creating a new and innovative product
- Friendly team of like-minded professionals
- Competitive salary & career growth opportunities
- Great office environment conveniently located in the center of Kiev
Do you want to become a part of a young product company and develop fantastic UI you’ll be proud of? Send your CV and a cover letter. We look forward to working with you!