Attendify is on a mission to bridge the gap between digital and event marketing. We’re changing the event technology landscape with mobile apps that boost attendee engagement and empower event planners to measure success and optimize their events. We work with thousands of clients like Bloomberg, Google, Louis Vuitton, Chrysler, Coursera, Tableau & AOL. If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a product company with ambition to transform an entire industry, then read on...
We're building a platform that serves millions of mobile devices across thousands of mobile applications. We enjoy taking on technical challenges, and there’re lots of them.
We run Go servers and use Python a lot, but most of our codebase is Clojure and ClojureScript.
We prefer JSON-RPC and GraphQL over REST. Microservice architecture is hyped, but we know what it really means to run dozens and dozens of independent services. We were very early adopters of the React library and tested almost all ClojureScript React wrappers in production. We used Flux architecture long before it became popular. We do not have a preference regarding Emacs or Vim.
Our data processing stack includes Kafka, ElasticSearch, Amazon S3 and it grows fast just like the company and complexity of our products.
We care deeply about our product. We value a great user experience, and that means getting the little things right.
You want to learn and work in Clojure and ClojureScript with the experienced Clojure team.
You’ve walked-the-talk and have lots of examples of code you’ve shipped. You believe strongly that shipping is a feature and are comfortable with tradeoffs. You understand instinctively that today > tomorrow.
You can work across the stack, from the database to the DOM. Of course, each of us has our own preferences and specialization, but you are driven to understand everything and contribute broadly.
You’re brave enough to build at least one customer-facing feature during your first week. We also expect you to be able to work independently with our systems, implementing new features and constantly improving what we already have. In 3 months you should be able to build new products and manage small teams of engineers. Oh, and one last thing...you’re curious, about everything.
- Experience with Clojure or other functional programming languages is a nice-to-have. We do not expect you to have that kind of experience right away, but you have to be interested in learning Clojure.
- Experience building large data processing systems is a nice-to-have. You’ll get one with us anyway.
- Understanding databases, experience working both with relational and non-relational storage. You should know what “isolation level” means and why it’s important. Will you use this knowledge every day? Probably not, but you need to be able to reason about the data layer.
- Understanding of the concurrency primitives along side with the underlying implementation is a nice-to-have. Same here, you should be able to reason about our systems.
- Unique work environment where you can be a part of creating a new and innovative product
- Competitive salary & career growth opportunities, based on experience
- Friendly team of like-minded professionals
- Corporate library, tech talks and other opportunities to broaden your knowledge
- Great team atmosphere with office located in the center of Kiev
Ready to join an amazing team and work in an ambitious, fast-paced environment? Send us your resume and a cover letter (optional), and we’ll be in touch.