We're looking for a strong backend engineer to join our growing Clojure Team.
Here at Attendify we're developing a platform that helps event organizers sell tickets, interact with attendees in a mobile app, receive their feedback and analyze their interests.
We run more than 40 microservices that interact with each other. Most of our codebase is Clojure. Our Clojure team owns new features development, maintains our products at all levels, and implements CI/DI best practices.
Our data processing stack includes Kafka, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3. The list of technologies we use expands fast just like the complexity of our products.
We don't require being an expert in Clojure, but our ideal candidate is curious and ready to learn it. If you are interested in functional programming, please read on…
What you'll do at Attendify:
- Design and build large-scale Clojure microservices
- Improve infrastructure and delivery practices
- Develop solid test coverage to deploy high-quality code
- Conduct code review for other team members
- Perform technical research for the new features development
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years of experience in web-development
- Interest in functional programming
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with Relational Database Management System
- Good knowledge of the algorithms and data structures
- Vast experience with HTTP
Nice to have but not required:
- Functional development experience
- Experience with message brokers or event stores like Rabbit, Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Interest in DevOps practices
- Understanding of concurrency
- Hands-on experience with different databases like PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Understanding of JVM internals
- Good knowledge of ElasticSearc
- Unique work environment where you can be a part of creating a new and innovative product
- Competitive salary & career growth opportunities, based on experience
- Friendly team of like-minded professionals
- Corporate library, tech talks and other opportunities to broaden your knowledge
- Great team atmosphere with office located in the center of Kiev
Ready to join an amazing team and work in an ambitious, fast-paced environment? Send us your resume and a cover letter (optional), and we’ll be in touch.